NDAA Nullification Bill Passes Michigan House, 107-0
Posted by Matthew Renquist
LANSING, Mich. (Dec. 5, 2012) – The Michigan House of Representatives unanimously voted in favor of House bill 5768 (HB5768) today. Representative Tom McMillin, who introduced the bill, showed his excitement for it’s passage, and his expectations for the State Senate.
“My bill opposing NDAA’s indefinite detention and taking away due process and prohibiting MI government from participating passed the House today. Onto the State Senate!”
Due to support from a wide coalition of grassroots activists across the political spectrum, the bill passed unanimously. The final vote was 107-0. HB5768 asserts that no State employee or agency will assist the Federal government – in any way – in the detainment of people under the 2012 NDAA. The Obama administration has aggressively argued in court that the executive branch has this power. The bill states, in part,
“no agency of this state, no political subdivision of this state, no employee of an agency of this state or a political subdivision of this state acting in his or her official capacity, and no member of the Michigan national guard on official state duty shall aid an agency of the armed forces of the United States in any investigation, prosecution, or detention of any person pursuant to section 1021 of the national defense authorization act…”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- WashPost goes all Ministry of Truth on “Putin’s propoganda” [sic]
- PA finds (at least) 243 cases of drinking water poisoned by the frackers
- Where’s the evidence of that “Russian invasion”? US intel officers warn Merkel not to buy it
- Guantanamo defense attorney quits, says case is “stacked”
- What they’re fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- 6 Big Lies about Ukraine and Russia
- What they're fighting for in East Ukraine (MUST-SEE)
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- The International Human Press
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.