Reliable sources report that Progressive Talk AM 1090 will FLIP to sports talk radio at the first of the year, January, 2013! We can’t lose our progressive talkers/teachers! Please forward to all your friends and contacts ASAP!
We have started the petition “Save Progressive Talk radio AM 1090 KPTK (CBS radio) Seattle: Keep AM 1090 KPTK Progressive talk radio on the free airwaves!” and need your help to get it off the ground. We have over 214 signatures!
Will you take 30 seconds to sign it right now? Here’s the link.
Here’s why it’s important:
Please do not take AM 1090 KPTK off the public airwaves! We need more progressive talk radio stations in America, not less. We AM 1090 listeners are very loyal to the advertisers and we “pledge” to continue to be! I was told by one advertiser (electric cars, Seattle) that advertising on AM 1090 brought them the best return on their advertising dollars of any advertising they had ever done!
Here in America we have very few progressive talk stations compared to conservative talkers! Please do not limit our ability to hear progressive opinions and learn the FACTS, including science! America needs AM 1090 KPTK! Thank you!
You can sign this important petition by clicking here.
Remember: Please forward to all your friends and contacts ASAP!
Julia Chase and Save AM 1090 Team
One Comment to “Help save progressive radio in Seattle! (After all, it’s a progressive city.)”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- With computerized elections, we’re all “voting” for the Iron Heel
- Wal-Mart cuts health benefits for 30,000 workers as its profits rise
- Tokyo “not fit for habitation,” doctor says, charging cover-up by WHO, IAEA, Japanese government
- Judge Richard Posner, Reagan appointee, now sees the light on voter ID laws
- Reagan-Appointed Federal Judge Who Approved First Photo ID Law in 2008 Writes Devastating Dissent AGAINST Photo ID Voting Restrictions
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- With computerized elections, we're all "voting" for the Iron Heel
- WiFi sickens teacher, students in Los Angeles (school permits no incident reports)
- Talking Points Memo
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Media Matters
- alias Bruce
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Evil GOP Bastards
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press