REPORT: Fox News Is Taking Karl Rove Off The Air
Grace Wyler Dec. 4, 2012, 6:50 PM
New York’s Gabriel Sherman reports that Fox News is scaling back airtime for Republican pundit Karl Rove, in what appears to be a reprimand for Rove’s meltdown during the network’s live election broadcast.
Sources told Sherman that Fox News chief Roger Ailes has ordered his staff to bench Rove and his fellow GOP pundit Dick Morris, two of the network’s most vocal partisan voices whose predictions turned out to be spectacularly wrong. According to Sherman, producers must now get permission before booking Rove or Morris on Fox shows.
The move comes as Fox takes steps to rehab its image in the wake of Republican defeats this November. Rove, in particular, has been widely mocked by members of both parties, both for his onscreen tantrum and for the abysmal performance of his American Crossroads super PAC.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Massive protest fails to halt tuition hikes at UC
- TPP will let corporations rule the world—and so the corporate press has blacked it out…
- Cult-like corporation takes a shot at freedom of the press
- UK students offer model for the world, by marching for “free education”
- Testing for Ebola in a New York minute!
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US news blackout on Ebola death in Brooklyn?
- US votes AGAINST resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.