December 11, 2012
NYU President May Face a No-Confidence Vote
New York University’s president, John E. Sexton, attended a groundbreaking ceremony for NYU’s new center in Shanghai last year. International programs are a key priority for Mr. Sexton, but the president’s critics say he has developed large-scale plans with little faculty input.
By Jack Stripling
For all of the criticism he has taken in recent months, John E. Sexton can hardly be accused of thinking too small.
The New York University president sees the entire globe as ripe for campus expansion, establishing branch operations in Abu Dhabiand Shanghai in recent years.
But it is Mr. Sexton’s domestic agenda, the centerpiece of which is a six-million-square-foot expansion across New York City, that may finally test the limits of the president’s ambitions.
One Comment to “Fed up with the Sexton Plan (and more), NYU faculty may vote no confidence in Sexton”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Six ways in which the MSM deludes Americans with whopping lies (MUST-READ)
- 3 new JP Morgan IT deaths include so-called “murder/suicide”
- Did US spy satellites see Ukrainian troops shoot down that Malaysian plane?
- Israel using flechette shells in Gaza
- How to get medical aid into Gaza
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Russia won't take control of Malaysian plane's black boxes; calls for international inquiry
- Wikileaks cables confirm that Ukraine's president has been working for the US since 2006
- How to get medical aid into Gaza
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Rude Pudit
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.