December 11, 2012
NYU President May Face a No-Confidence Vote
New York University’s president, John E. Sexton, attended a groundbreaking ceremony for NYU’s new center in Shanghai last year. International programs are a key priority for Mr. Sexton, but the president’s critics say he has developed large-scale plans with little faculty input.
By Jack Stripling
For all of the criticism he has taken in recent months, John E. Sexton can hardly be accused of thinking too small.
The New York University president sees the entire globe as ripe for campus expansion, establishing branch operations in Abu Dhabiand Shanghai in recent years.
But it is Mr. Sexton’s domestic agenda, the centerpiece of which is a six-million-square-foot expansion across New York City, that may finally test the limits of the president’s ambitions.
One Comment to “Fed up with the Sexton Plan (and more), NYU faculty may vote no confidence in Sexton”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Greece is losing its free press to fascist violence
- What we’ve done to Iraq with our DU is “genocide,” their doctors rightly say
- WashPost (channeling Langley) slanders Gary Webb AGAIN
- “Cellphones wrecked my health,” says Nokia’s former tech chief
- Remember SCOTUS making BushCo “president”? Now they’ve fixed the Texas midterms…
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- GOP site offers plan to infiltrate left/liberal sites with trolls posing as "progressives"
- Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the "case" against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding