December 11, 2012
NYU President May Face a No-Confidence Vote
New York University’s president, John E. Sexton, attended a groundbreaking ceremony for NYU’s new center in Shanghai last year. International programs are a key priority for Mr. Sexton, but the president’s critics say he has developed large-scale plans with little faculty input.
By Jack Stripling
For all of the criticism he has taken in recent months, John E. Sexton can hardly be accused of thinking too small.
The New York University president sees the entire globe as ripe for campus expansion, establishing branch operations in Abu Dhabiand Shanghai in recent years.
But it is Mr. Sexton’s domestic agenda, the centerpiece of which is a six-million-square-foot expansion across New York City, that may finally test the limits of the president’s ambitions.
One Comment to “Fed up with the Sexton Plan (and more), NYU faculty may vote no confidence in Sexton”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kati Marton on “The Polk Conspiracy”—a gem on the Forbidden Bookshelf (MUST-READ)
- MI5’s fat file on Eric Hobsbawm included stuff the Nazis had collected on him
- Under TPP, the power of international investors will be ABSOLUTE—and ObamaCo has lied and lied about it
- Did NYU hire a private eye to dig for dirt on one of its professors, and a NYTimes reporter? (Looks like it….)
- Top US scientists—those working at Los Alamos—say NO to vaccines for their kids
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Democrats won't say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein---and neither will Republicans! (How come?)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- What happened to WSJ oil reporter David Bird? (Last week they found his body, after 14 months)
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.