Why Vote Fraud Is Possible and What To Do About It Posted: 11/05/2012 4:02 pm
Associate Professor of Political Science, Consultant on Nonviolent Action and Strategy
The consensus is that this presidential election may all come down to Ohio and a few other “swing” states, as it did in 2000 and 2004. If there are any voting irregularities to be found this time around, Ohio will be the place to look first. “The feeling from those of us who went through [the vote fraud of] 2004 is that we are about to repeat that election,” says Cliff Arnebeck, attorney, former Republican operative, and self-appointed election watchdog.
The massive, secretly-financed advertising campaign on behalf of Romney’s candidacy and targeted at Ohio and other swing states, on top of the Romney campaign’s own avalanche of advertising, has so saturated Ohio airwaves in recent weeks that it has managed to create the (arguably erroneous) perception that Romney can win the state, despite consistent poll leads for Obama. Unless observers are alert to possible fraud, this would help camouflage tampering with vote counts.
And that is exactly what Arnebeck and other election-fraud watchdogs are concerned about. If Ohio is stolen, something they believe to be well within the experience and capacity of Karl Rove’s organization, it will be done on the margins. Jill Simpson, a former Rove operative, has posted a map outlining Rove’s alleged plan for manipulating the 2012 election on Election Protection Action, Inc. This possibility may not have escaped the US. Department of Justice, which issued a press release on Friday stating that its “Civil Rights Division plans to deploy more than 780 federal observers and department personnel to 51 jurisdictions in 23 states for the Nov. 6, 2012, general election… to defend federal voting rights laws.” Four of the counties listed in the press release are in Ohio, including Hamilton County, one of the locations on which the entire election could very well turn, and which also happens to be a client of Hart InterCivic, an electronic voting machine company partially owned by HIG Capital, which is in turn has been heavily invested in by Solamere, a private equity firm owned by Tagg Romney.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The International Human Press
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.