Allen West Concedes: ‘I Congratulate Patrick Murphy as New Congressman from Florida’s 18th’
GOP Rep’s incompetent attorneys won’t contest mistabulated race…
In what UPI’s Gabrielle Levy describes as a “passive-aggressive” Facebook post, Republican Rep. Allen West conceded to his Democratic challenger, Patrick Murphy, in FL’s 18th Congressional District this morning.
With West’s concession, however, there are still a few points to keep in mind moving forward. First, while West refers to there not being “enough…fraudulent votes” to change the outcome of the race, it should be noted that, to date, neither he nor his attorneys have presented substantiated evidence of any fraudulent votes, to our knowledge.
But that’s just a start. West’s incompetent attorneys and advisers were so foolishly obsessed with the absurd chimera of incredibly infrequent “voter fraud”, rather than the greater threat of insider election fraud or, even more of note here, very common tabulator errors by horribly designed computer systems, they never bothered to insist on a public hand-count of all of the ballots in his race. Who knows what they might have found? Either way, that would have been the only way to know for certain who actually won and who actually lost the election. But getting it right has never been a trademark of Allen West…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9743
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- After Sandy, New Jersey tried e-voting—and that was a disaster, too
- “Stop thanking us,” an Army veteran writes, “and please start thinking what these wars have done to us (and everybody else)”
- Is Kiev going to war again?
- Sunoco spills 4,000 barrels of crude near Caddo Lake, Louisiana
- Americans don’t need to know where meat comes from, says WTO
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Edward Snowden did NOT lie: Michael Green responds to Kevin Ryan
- "Conspiracy theorists" are more rational than those who smear them, study finds
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- William Betz
- Media Channel
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.