Obama wins Ohio, captures most important battleground state
By Michael Finnegan
November 6, 2012, 8:21 p.m.
COLUMBUS, Ohio – President Obama won Ohio on Tuesday, capturing the electoral battleground that Mitt Romneyneeded more than any other in his quest to oust the Democratic incumbent, according to exit polls for the Associated Press and news networks.
By laying claim to Ohio’s 18 electoral votes, Obama all but ensured his reelection after a grueling campaign against his Republican rival, the former governor of Massachusetts.
The results in Ohio appeared to vindicate Obama’s tireless pursuit of the white working-class voters who dominate the state’s election landscape.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Writers Voice
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.