Why Is the Obama FCC Plotting a Massive Giveaway to Rupert Murdoch?
by Craig Aaron/Free Press
What if I told you the Obama administration’s first major post-election policy move was a big, fat gift for Rupert Murdoch?
You might ask: The same Rupert Murdoch who owns Fox News?
The same Rupert Murdoch who scandalized England with phone-hacking, influence peddling and bribery?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA is a “world leader” in child poverty
- YouTube link for that video of the Texan freedom fighter
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn’t just the drones…)
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11
- “The Abuse of Satire”: Garry Trudeau nails the Charlie Hebdo craze
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- For their Statement of No Confidence in drone war consigliere Harold Koh, NYU law students feel the heat from their professors
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn't just the drones...)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- "The Abuse of Satire": Garry Trudeau nails the Charlie Hebdo craze
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- The International Human Press
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.