Why So Secretive? The Trans-Pacific Partnership as Global Coup
Sunday, 25 November 2012 09:29By Andrew Gavin Marshall, Occupy.com | News Analysis
The Trans-Pacific Partnership is the most secretive and “least transparent” trade negotiations in history.
Luckily for the populations and societies that will be affected by the agreement, there are public research organizations and alternative media outlets campaigning against it – and they’ve even released several leaks of draft agreement chapters. From these leaks, which are not covered by mainstream corporate-controlled news outlets, we are able to get a better understanding of what the Trans-Pacific Partnership actually encompasses.
For example, public interest groups have been warning that the TPP could result in millions of lost jobs. As a letter from Congress to United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk stated, the TPP “will create binding policies on future Congresses in numerous areas,” including “those related to labor, patent and copyright, land use, food, agriculture and product standards, natural resources, the environment, professional licensing, state-owned enterprises and government procurement policies, as well as financial, healthcare, energy, telecommunications and other service sector regulations.”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- EU spy chief sees NO Russian troops in East Ukraine
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- NYU gave John Sexton’s son a duplex in the Village, despite a “severe housing shortage” for the faculty
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers “2 + 2 = 5!” (3 items)
- Kiev junta orders military to attack pro-Russian protesters (just after CIA’s John Brennan pays a secret visit there), says Yanukovich
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Brian on In California, GMO food labeling law will be on ballots on Election Day!
- NATO moving in on Russia (2 items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers "2 + 2 = 5!" (3 items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- NYU gave John Sexton's son a duplex in the Village, despite a "severe housing shortage" for the faculty
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- History Unfolding
- t r u t h o u t
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.