Why So Secretive? The Trans-Pacific Partnership as Global Coup
Sunday, 25 November 2012 09:29By Andrew Gavin Marshall, Occupy.com | News Analysis
The Trans-Pacific Partnership is the most secretive and “least transparent” trade negotiations in history.
Luckily for the populations and societies that will be affected by the agreement, there are public research organizations and alternative media outlets campaigning against it – and they’ve even released several leaks of draft agreement chapters. From these leaks, which are not covered by mainstream corporate-controlled news outlets, we are able to get a better understanding of what the Trans-Pacific Partnership actually encompasses.
For example, public interest groups have been warning that the TPP could result in millions of lost jobs. As a letter from Congress to United States Trade Representative Ron Kirk stated, the TPP “will create binding policies on future Congresses in numerous areas,” including “those related to labor, patent and copyright, land use, food, agriculture and product standards, natural resources, the environment, professional licensing, state-owned enterprises and government procurement policies, as well as financial, healthcare, energy, telecommunications and other service sector regulations.”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its “profile” of Vandana Shiva
- Kiev’s forces failing in the East
- We’re paying dearly for Barack Obama’s faux-progressive dance
- Vexed by dissidents in parliament, Ukraine’s president dissolves it
- “Bad teachers” are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- "Bad teachers" are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Help tell the world about what happened to Don Siegelman!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.