Robocalls from Republican Jeff Flake send Arizona Democrats to wrong polling place
Republican Rep. Jeff Flake of Arizona sent robocalls giving Democrats bad information.
Amy SilversteinNovember 6, 2012 11:39
Are Republican candidates giving you much-needed information about where you can vote, even though you’re a Democrat? OMG, that’s so sweet! Just make sure to double-check the location with another source before you go to the wrong place and make a fool of yourself.
Republican US Senate candidate Jeff Flake came under fire on Monday for a round of automated phone calls sent to Democratic voters in Arizona. The calls provided voters with incorrect information about their polling sites, KPNX reported. Democrat Mary Crecco of Scottsdale told the station that she “freaked out” when she got the Flake robocall.“It was totally wrong, totally wrong, and I feel like it was done purposely.”
Democratic Party officials say that at least six Democrats got the Flake call with incorrect information, The Arizona Republic reported. William Solomon, an assistant US attorney in Phoenix, told The Republic that a request for an investigation had been received but that no decision about whether to investigate yet has been made.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.