Scott Walker is at it again.
After 2 court judges shot down his repressive Voter ID law as “unconstitutional,” Walker had to sit back and watch as millions of voters exercised their fundamental right to vote on November 6th.
And on Election Day, the people of Wisconsin did not vote to Scott’s liking.
Now Walker is digging deeper into his bag of dirty tricks. Speaking recently at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California, Walker told a right-wing forum that it would be “much better” if same-day registration was eliminated in Wisconsin.
Hiding behind false claims of rampant voter fraud, Walker and his allies have been relentless in pursuing their dream of suppressing the vote with unnecessary roadblocks and restrictions. If he really believed in the virtues of democracy, he would be making it easier to vote, not harder.
Tell Scott Walker that we will not stand for any more of his voter suppression schemes. Tell him to keep same-day voter registration on the books in Wisconsin!
-Your Friends at United Wisconsin
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Massive protest fails to halt tuition hikes at UC
- TPP will let corporations rule the world—and so the corporate press has blacked it out…
- Cult-like corporation takes a shot at freedom of the press
- UK students offer model for the world, by marching for “free education”
- Testing for Ebola in a New York minute!
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- US votes AGAINST resolution condemning the glorification of Nazism
- US news blackout on Ebola death in Brooklyn?
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.