Scott Walker is at it again.
After 2 court judges shot down his repressive Voter ID law as “unconstitutional,” Walker had to sit back and watch as millions of voters exercised their fundamental right to vote on November 6th.
And on Election Day, the people of Wisconsin did not vote to Scott’s liking.
Now Walker is digging deeper into his bag of dirty tricks. Speaking recently at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California, Walker told a right-wing forum that it would be “much better” if same-day registration was eliminated in Wisconsin.
Hiding behind false claims of rampant voter fraud, Walker and his allies have been relentless in pursuing their dream of suppressing the vote with unnecessary roadblocks and restrictions. If he really believed in the virtues of democracy, he would be making it easier to vote, not harder.
Tell Scott Walker that we will not stand for any more of his voter suppression schemes. Tell him to keep same-day voter registration on the books in Wisconsin!
-Your Friends at United Wisconsin
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU reneges on its loud promises to pay the migrant workers who built its Abu Dhabi campus
- Why did Bernie pull his punches?
- OOPS! Victim testimonies in UK child sex abuse inquiry ALL DELETED (quite by accident, of course)
- “Untold number of civilians” slaughtered by Obama’s (airborne) Murder, Inc.
- To censor a live feed of the debate, CNN shuts down @Bernie2016tv
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.