Scott Walker is at it again.
After 2 court judges shot down his repressive Voter ID law as “unconstitutional,” Walker had to sit back and watch as millions of voters exercised their fundamental right to vote on November 6th.
And on Election Day, the people of Wisconsin did not vote to Scott’s liking.
Now Walker is digging deeper into his bag of dirty tricks. Speaking recently at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California, Walker told a right-wing forum that it would be “much better” if same-day registration was eliminated in Wisconsin.
Hiding behind false claims of rampant voter fraud, Walker and his allies have been relentless in pursuing their dream of suppressing the vote with unnecessary roadblocks and restrictions. If he really believed in the virtues of democracy, he would be making it easier to vote, not harder.
Tell Scott Walker that we will not stand for any more of his voter suppression schemes. Tell him to keep same-day voter registration on the books in Wisconsin!
-Your Friends at United Wisconsin
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- More on the NY Fed’s strange flight to Chicago
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What’s up?
- Commanders of Missouri National Guard saw protesters in Ferguson as “enemy forces,” “adversaries,” “hate groups”
- Abu Dhabi on the Hudson: NYU goes after student protesters for trying to hand out flyers
- Virginia dumps its e-vote system after finding it ridiculously hackable
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn't just the drones...)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- For their Statement of No Confidence in drone war consigliere Harold Koh, NYU law students feel the heat from their professors
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.