———- Forwarded message ———-
From: Rep. Mike Foley and Nina Hart <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 1:13 PM
Subject: Last-minute voter suppression in Ohio
Below is an email from Ohio State Representative Mike Foley and Cleveland native Nina Hart. Rep. Foley and Nina started a petition on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition.
Dear MoveOn member,
In a last-minute directive issued Friday night that could disenfranchise thousands of Ohioans and tip the outcome of the election, Republican Secretary of State Jon Husted changed requirements for submitting provisional ballots on Election Day.
The directive requires voters, not election officials, to fill out a confusing form listing the type of ID they provided to vote. This new directive is a clear violation of Ohio law and puts even more votes at risk of not being counted. Secretary Husted even instructed election officials to not count ballots where that part of the form has not been correctly filled out by a voter.
An emergency motion to halt the directive has been filed in federal court by voting rights activists, but to get fast action we need to show that people across the country are outraged.
–Ohio State Rep. Mike Foley and Cleveland native Nina Hart
This petition was created on SignOn.org, the progressive, nonprofit petition site. Rep. Foley didn’t pay us to send this email—we never rent or sell the MoveOn.org list.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Matters
- The International Human Press
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Media Channel
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.