From Mimi Kennedy:
Harper’s November issue—not online yet, but delivered to our house this week—has an absolutely thrilling, definitive article, by Victoria Collier, on electronic vote-rigging: “How to Rig An Election.” It’s the lead article featured on the cover. I devoured it, and can happily say: the news is OUT that we’ve been trying to tell denial-ridden skeptics for YEARS!
I know other articles have appeared elsewhere, including in the NY Times and Rolling Stone. But Collier’s is the first I’ve seen that covers the breadth and depth of the problem as we activists know it—that private, computerized vote-counting since HAVA is completey inadauditable, and has made election-rigging laughably easy for anyone with the access. And that four GOP-friendly voting companies–with more felons involved on their employment rolls than can VOTE in many states!–have the access. And that our inexplicably, treacherously clueless political parties and elected officials have navel-gazed while it happened. They look up only during campaigns, coming to voters to demand money and votes, then betraying us utterly by letting it all go to waste when an election–many elections!–are stolen with impunity.
America is gaining clarity on this. We will not be self-governing again until WE count the votes. Our anonymous ballots must be cast in private – but they must be COUNTED IN PUBLIC. That means–sorry–not inside a computer. But I DO have a technology-friendly election idea:VIDEO CAMS to track ballot custody while in the hands of elections officials! Including absentee ballots! CAMS to follow those precious ballot batches wherever they go, and CAMS on the people who will, once again, count them. Streamed to the web and local cable access, til the counting’s done!
Brava Victoria Collier, and check out her article, everyone.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.