America’s Media Just Made Vote-Rigging Easier
Friday, 19 October 2012 10:15 By Victoria Collier, Truthout | News Analysis
Do you feel that mainstream media spin is obscuring the truth during this election season? Truthout doesn’t take advertising or corporate sponsorships, so we can bring you honest, fact-based election coverage. Click here to help support this effort by making a donation by the end of this week!
The news that America’s mainstream media has cancelled exit polling in 19 states, means that insider election theft this November is now even harder to track, and therefore easier to get away with – something that scarcely seemed possible.
As I’ve written in the November issue of Harper’s Magazine (“How to Rig an Election”), our voting system is already privatized, corporatized, computerized and arguably less secure than Vegas slot machines. It’s also controlled by a shadowy cartel of right-wing affiliated companies that keep merging and changing their names, perhaps – and almost certainly in the case of Diebold – to avoid association with the record of white-collar criminal charges and convictions that trail them from state to state.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Writers Voice
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Words of Power
- Democratic Undergroud
- t r u t h o u t
- Richard Charnin
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Mainstream Baptist
- Early America
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.