And this story doesn’t say it, either.
MORNING LINE — October 29, 2012 at 9:45 AM EDT
‘Frankenstorm’ Sandy Becomes Campaigns’ October Surprise
By: Christina Bellantoni and Katelyn Polantz
All politics is local. Especially when swing states are in the path of Hurricane Sandy.
President Obama began his day in Orlando, Fla., but will return to the White House to monitor what’s been dubbed a monster storm. Former President Clinton will attend the planned rally in the Sunshine State instead, but expect the campaigns to push their activities west into the Rust Belt for the rest of the week as the East Coast braces for, endures and cleans up after the hurricane.
Over the weekend Mitt Romney scrapped his planned events in Virginia.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Mainstream Baptist
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Thom Hartmann
- Media Matters
- The Rude Pudit
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.