Republican Attorney General Censors Alabama Public Television?
October 21st, 2012
by Glynn Wilson
Alabama’s Republican Attorney General Luther Strange must be strange as well as anti-American and an enemy of the Earth.
When voters go to the polls on Nov. 6 to vote for the next president of the United States, in Alabama they will also have an opportunity to vote to extend a Constitutional Amendment to renew the popular Forever Wild program. It sets aside about 6 percent of the royalties collected by the state on oil and gas leases — mostly in state waters in the Gulf of Mexico — to purchase wild lands and keep them wild for future generations.
The popular show Discovering Alabama was set to air a new documentary on Forever Wild on Alabama Public Television last week, but the show was pulled because of a memo from the state attorney general’s office warning public TV not to air any show that might influence the vote. This appears to be in violation of the First Amendment’s free speech and press clauses, and certainly violates the spirit of debate on public affairs embodied in all our founding documents.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- The Ostroy Report
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.