Well, he might have.
“He joked, ‘I can’t tell you who I voted for.’”
That’s for sure.
Whether he voted electronically, or fed his ballot into the computer (Chicago offers both options), Pres. Obama has no way of knowing that he really voted for himself.
And so it is for all of us, except those few who live in precincts where they count the paper ballots openly, by hand.
In any case, just as the president “can’t tell you who I voted for,” neither can the rest of us know that the “winner” on Nov. 6 has really won, or by how much.
That is no small problem, as we’ll likely see—again—in just eleven days.
3 Comments to “Obama votes for Romney”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its “profile” of Vandana Shiva
- Kiev’s forces failing in the East
- We’re paying dearly for Barack Obama’s faux-progressive dance
- Vexed by dissidents in parliament, Ukraine’s president dissolves it
- “Bad teachers” are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- http://iclworld.ru on Eight BIG PROBLEMS with the “case” against Assange (MUST-READ by Naomi Wolf)
- Pressure at work on “Liberal election fraud running rampant” in Arizona, say Tea-Baggers!
- "Bad teachers" are the cause of US inequality, according to Bill Gates. (Did he learn that in school?)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Help tell the world about what happened to Don Siegelman!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The New Yorker scores one for Monsanto with its "profile" of Vandana Shiva
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- alias Bruce
- Cody Lyon
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- Talking Points Memo
- Writers Voice
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.