Well, he might have.
“He joked, ‘I can’t tell you who I voted for.’”
That’s for sure.
Whether he voted electronically, or fed his ballot into the computer (Chicago offers both options), Pres. Obama has no way of knowing that he really voted for himself.
And so it is for all of us, except those few who live in precincts where they count the paper ballots openly, by hand.
In any case, just as the president “can’t tell you who I voted for,” neither can the rest of us know that the “winner” on Nov. 6 has really won, or by how much.
That is no small problem, as we’ll likely see—again—in just eleven days.
3 Comments to “Obama votes for Romney”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- “Conspiracy theorists” are more rational than those who smear them, study finds
- GOP must “elect” more governors, so they can (continue to) control “voting mechanisms,” Chris Christie says
- ISIS, Inc. (They’re making out like bandits…)
- NYPD arrests a musician for singing, although he broke no law (VIDEO)
- Greece is losing its free press to fascist violence
- Zack Taylor on Spooks in academia
- susan on Manhattan’s latest giant eyesore will have three floors just for “maid’s rooms”
- blaze doric on Calling Russia “the aggressor,” US is the one that wants a war
- Jonelle on Did Romney cheat as well as lie?
- Die Woche im Rückspiegel betrachtet | Lars Schall on Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Where the money goes at NYU
- GOP site offers plan to infiltrate left/liberal sites with trolls posing as "progressives"
- "Conspiracy theorists" are more rational than those who smear them, study finds
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Democratic Undergroud
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters