Well, he might have.
“He joked, ‘I can’t tell you who I voted for.’”
That’s for sure.
Whether he voted electronically, or fed his ballot into the computer (Chicago offers both options), Pres. Obama has no way of knowing that he really voted for himself.
And so it is for all of us, except those few who live in precincts where they count the paper ballots openly, by hand.
In any case, just as the president “can’t tell you who I voted for,” neither can the rest of us know that the “winner” on Nov. 6 has really won, or by how much.
That is no small problem, as we’ll likely see—again—in just eleven days.
3 Comments to “Obama votes for Romney”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- NYU gave John Sexton’s son a duplex in the Village, despite a “severe housing shortage” for the faculty
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers “2 + 2 = 5!” (3 items)
- Kiev junta orders military to attack pro-Russian protesters (just after CIA’s John Brennan pays a secret visit there), says Yanukovich
- Holocaust memorial in Odessa (Ukraine) vandalized with swastikas
- Hillary loves Boeing, just like Bush/Cheney did
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Brian on In California, GMO food labeling law will be on ballots on Election Day!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Kiev brownshirts thrash a presidential candidate as NYTimes hollers "2 + 2 = 5!" (3 items)
- Where the money goes at NYU
- NYU gave John Sexton's son a duplex in the Village, despite a "severe housing shortage" for the faculty
- Obama didn't prosecute Bush/Cheney out of fear he'd end up like Paul Wellstone
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Democratic Undergroud
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.