Well, he might have.
“He joked, ‘I can’t tell you who I voted for.'”
That’s for sure.
Whether he voted electronically, or fed his ballot into the computer (Chicago offers both options), Pres. Obama has no way of knowing that he really voted for himself.
And so it is for all of us, except those few who live in precincts where they count the paper ballots openly, by hand.
In any case, just as the president “can’t tell you who I voted for,” neither can the rest of us know that the “winner” on Nov. 6 has really won, or by how much.
That is no small problem, as we’ll likely see—again—in just eleven days.
3 Comments to “Obama votes for Romney”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- US cops snatch hundreds of millions—legally—from motorists who’ve done no wrong
- Koch fiends in Wisconsin Senate poised to scrap 48-hour wait before handgun purchase
- Comcast throws in the towel, won’t eat Time Warner after all
- “Why Obama Should Pardon Don Siegelman” (Jeffrey Toobin in The New Yorker!)
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- Wisconsin to buy “all new voting machines”—and Koch/Walker will go on “winning” there FOREVER! on
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- 2nd Amendment was devised to keep Americans in chains on
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer on
- NY Fed moving to Chicago, Feds stocking up on ammo, NORAD hunkering down: What's up?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Where the money goes at NYU
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Barry Gordon
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Online Journal
- Richard Charnin
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Cody Lyon
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.