When will our left/liberal press wake up? Until they do, they are no less complicit in the theft of our elections than Karl Rove himself.
Kudos to Brad Friedman for fighting back so bravely, and so lucidly.
‘Think Progress’ Smears BRAD BLOG Coverage of Voting Machine Concerns as ‘Conspiracy Theory’
Dem-advocacy blog refuses to correct inaccurate attack on us, Truthout, Forbes magazine, and even former Dem Sec. of State…
By BRAD FRIEDMAN on 10/23/2012, 6:05am PT
To be frank, while it’s no secret that the Center for American Progress has always been an outside extension of the Democratic Party, their important blog site, Think Progress, has served as a crucial, and journalistically sound fact-checker on the excesses, inaccuracies and blatant fabrications of the Right over the past several years.
I have been more than happy to cite their excellent work on a number of fronts over the years and take no pleasure in calling them, their new Senior Editor Judd Legum, and one of their writers, Aviva Shen, out here onThe BRAD BLOG for an egregiousand, frankly, outrageous journalistic failure.
It is one thing to make an error. We all do it. It is quite another thing indeed — and what, in my opinion, separates real journalists from hacks — when, once called out with independently fact-based and verifiable evidence of those errors, one sticks to the original error come what may.
One Comment to “Now ThinkProgress [sic] joins NBC’s Chuck Todd in calling e-vote concerns “conspiracy theory””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Suburban Guerrilla
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.