When will our left/liberal press wake up? Until they do, they are no less complicit in the theft of our elections than Karl Rove himself.
Kudos to Brad Friedman for fighting back so bravely, and so lucidly.
‘Think Progress’ Smears BRAD BLOG Coverage of Voting Machine Concerns as ‘Conspiracy Theory’
Dem-advocacy blog refuses to correct inaccurate attack on us, Truthout, Forbes magazine, and even former Dem Sec. of State…
By BRAD FRIEDMAN on 10/23/2012, 6:05am PT
To be frank, while it’s no secret that the Center for American Progress has always been an outside extension of the Democratic Party, their important blog site, Think Progress, has served as a crucial, and journalistically sound fact-checker on the excesses, inaccuracies and blatant fabrications of the Right over the past several years.
I have been more than happy to cite their excellent work on a number of fronts over the years and take no pleasure in calling them, their new Senior Editor Judd Legum, and one of their writers, Aviva Shen, out here onThe BRAD BLOG for an egregiousand, frankly, outrageous journalistic failure.
It is one thing to make an error. We all do it. It is quite another thing indeed — and what, in my opinion, separates real journalists from hacks — when, once called out with independently fact-based and verifiable evidence of those errors, one sticks to the original error come what may.
One Comment to “Now ThinkProgress [sic] joins NBC’s Chuck Todd in calling e-vote concerns “conspiracy theory””
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Media Matters
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Talking Points Memo
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- Election Defense Alliance
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.