‘I Can’t Tell You Who I Voted For’: Obama Casts Early Vote on 100% Unverifiable E-Vote System
Sequoia touch-screen systems, found vulnerable to failure and undetectable manipulation, to be used again in 13 states…
By BRAD FRIEDMAN on 10/26/2012, 2:47pm PT
President Barack Obama may have voted for Mitt Romney yesterday when he cast his Early Vote at the Martin Luther King Community Center in Chicago’s 4th Ward. Nobody knows for sure. Even him.
He cast his vote on a 100% unverifiable touch-screen e-voting system made by Sequoia Voting Systems (which is now owned by a Canadian firm named Dominion Voting.) It is scientifically impossible to ever know if his vote was recorded accurately, as per his itent, or not on that type of voting system.
“I can’t tell you who I voted for,” the President joked, as noted by our colleague Mark Crispin Miller in ashort blog item today wryly headlined “Obama votes for Romney”. The President’s joke may not have been nearly as funny as he had intended it.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Democratic Undergroud
- alias Bruce
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Richard Charnin
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- t r u t h o u t
- The Rude Pudit
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Media Channel
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.