From: “John Kerry” <email@example.com>Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:13:34 -0600Subject: Been here before
Polls deadlocked. Republicans blitzing the airwaves. A shrinking gender gap.
Folks, I’ve been here before — and I know something about razor thin margins that decide elections.
Make no mistake: If we don’t go all in over the next 6 days, Republicans could again wrestle this election away from us — along with everything we’ve achieved, from equal pay to access to health care for women.
This is how we stop them — by electing the Democratic women ready to defend the progress we’ve made. And that’s where you come in. EMILY’s List is counting on your help to do what they do best — fill polling places with the women voters who’ll put Democrats over the top.
The polling is clear: if women don’t vote, Democrats lose. That means no Tammy Baldwin or Shelley Berkley blocking the GOP’s War on Women. Instead we’ll have a Senate packed with Republicans who will rubber-stamp the Romney-Ryan agenda.
If we get behind EMILY’s List right now, we can win this thing. Electing women candidates and turning out women voters is their specialty. I only have to glance around the Senate at my terrific Democratic women colleagues to see what they can do. Please join me in making sure they have the funds to do it — give now.
I don’t need any reminders of how low the GOP will go to win. I’m counting on you to make sure they don’t. Not this time. Stand with me and with EMILY’s List today.
Thanks so much,
Senator John Kerry
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- Barry Gordon
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- t r u t h o u t
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Writers Voice
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Richard Charnin
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.