From Dick Russell:
In 2008, I was at a fundraiser for Al Franken at the home of Abby Rockefeller, where Senator Kerry was to introduce the then-candidate.
Shortly before that happened, I found Kerry briefly alone and he seemed to recognize me from a few discussions in the past on ocean-related environmental issues. So I decided to bring up an article I’d worked on with Robert F. Kennedy Jr., published almost two years earlier in Rolling Stone, concerning the likely use of electronic voting machines to steal the ’04 presidential election for Kerry’s opponent, George W. Bush.
Had he read the article? I asked Kerry. At first he seemed taken aback by my question and shook his head no. Then Kerry said, “Yes, I did read that article! I know I won the election. But by the time my lawyers could come up with a smoking gun in Ohio, it was too late.”
That was the sum of our discussion, as he went on to introduce Franken to the people present. I wrote down what Kerry said right away in a little notebook that I always keep in my pocket.
One Comment to ““I know I won the election,” John Kerry told journalist Dick Russell in ’08”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.