Tagg Romney’s not the only fishy player who owns a piece of the computerized election-stealing system.
All the players atop that system are suspicious characters—as that whole system is itself a crime against democracy, and those who still refuse to face that fact are as complicit as Karl Rove himself.
But do let’s start by looking carefully at Romney’s ties to the vote-counting apparatus.
Sent: 10/24/2012 6:11:40 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: DOJ: Investigate Ohio voting machines owned by Tagg Romney
Below is an email from Alea Bankston, a MoveOn member in Louisville, Kentucky, who created a petition on SignOn.org, the nonprofit site that allows anyone to start their own online petition. If you have concerns or feedback about this petition, click here.
Dear MoveOn member,
According to an article on PoliticolNews.com, Mitt Romney’s son, Tagg, is a major investor in Hart InterCivic, the company that owns electronic voting machines that will be used in Ohio for this election.1 The article also alleges that these machines are easily hacked. Not to mention it’s an obvious conflict of interest.
That’s why I created a petition on SignOn.org to U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder and President Obama to get the Department of Justice to initiate an investigation into this issue before Election Day on November 6, 2012.
The petition says:
Ensure that the election is not stolen and that the results are not tampered with or altered: Investigate voting machines owned by Tagg Romney.
1. “Tagg Romney Invested in Ohio Electronic Voting Machines,” Politicol News, October 21, 2012
“Angst in Ohio about Bain, Romney donors links to voting machine company,” The Washington Post, October 23, 2012
This petition was created on SignOn.org, the progressive, nonprofit petition site. SignOn.org is sponsored by MoveOn Civic Action, which is not responsible for the contents of this or other petitions posted on the site. Alea Bankston didn’t pay us to send this email—we never rent or sell the MoveOn.org list.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- t r u t h o u t
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Mainstream Baptist
- Barry Gordon
- Thom Hartmann
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.