Utah GOP Fundraiser Accused Of Rape Commits Suicide
Greg Peterson, center, appears in Fourth District Court in Salt Lake City. July 27,2012.Greg Peterson, center, appears in Fourth District Court in Salt Lake City. July 27,2012.
RYAN J. REILLY OCTOBER 24, 2012, 8:13 AM 13193
A Utah Republican fundraiser charged with sexually assaulting women he met online committed suicide on Tuesday, the Salt Lake Tribune reported.
Salt Lake County District Attorney Sim Gill said Greg Peterson died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the very same Heber, Utah cabin where he hosted political events and allegedly raped at least two of his five alleged victims.
Peterson, 37, was facing 25 charges of assault, rape and kidnapping related to attacks on the women. If convicted, Peterson could have been sent to prison for the rest of his life. Peterson was released from jail on Friday after posting $2 million in bond.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- Early America
- Richard Charnin
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The International Human Press
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Cody Lyon
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Democratic Undergroud
- Writers Voice
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.