NBC News Election Expert Chuck Todd: Voting Machine Concerns are ‘Conspiracy Garbage’
A few questions for the popular pundit that may help better educate both him and the nation’s electorate…
This morning, NBC News’ top election expert, Chuck Todd, tweeted: “The voting machine conspiracies belong in same category as the Trump birther garbage.”
Todd was responding, no doubt, to the many folks who have been justifiably concerned of late, since it was discovered that a bunch of Bain Capital investors, led by Mitt Romney’s son Tagg, via a company called H.I.G. Capital (believed to stand for Hart Intercivic Group) took over control of Hart Intercivic, the nation’s third largest voting machine company, in 2011.
The Austin-based Hart company, according to VerifiedVoting.org’s database, supplies electronic voting machines and paper ballot tabulators that will be used to tally votes in the Presidential Election this year in all or parts of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia and Washington.
I offered my point of view about those concerns earlier this month, explaining that it was not just the private ownership of Hart’s machines by Romney backers which voters should be concerned about, but the private ownership of the similar systems in all fifty states that will once again be used to tabulate the results of this year’s Presidential Election with little — and very often zero — possibility of oversight by the public or even by election officials.
Todd does an extraordinary disservice to the electorate with Tweets like the one above, and I’d be happy to come on his daily MSNBC show any time to explain why, as I have told him via Twitter in response to the above.
As Todd has not responded in kind, and to expand upon my response to Todd there, I’d like to ask him these few respectful questions…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9651
2 Comments to “E-vote concerns are “conspiracy garbage,” says NBC’s Chuck Todd”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Kati Marton on “The Polk Conspiracy”—a gem on the Forbidden Bookshelf (MUST-READ)
- MI5’s fat file on Eric Hobsbawm included stuff the Nazis had collected on him
- Under TPP, the power of international investors will be ABSOLUTE—and ObamaCo has lied and lied about it
- Did NYU hire a private eye to dig for dirt on one of its professors, and a NYTimes reporter? (Looks like it….)
- Top US scientists—those working at Los Alamos—say NO to vaccines for their kids
- Please SIGN Elizabeth Warren’s petition to halt “fast track” of TPP! on
- Education should be free, and so should student debtors on
- Exit polls in Florida show Democrat way, way ahead in race for governor on
- Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries! on
- PETITION to the US State Department from the family of Dr. Robert Black on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Democrats won't say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein---and neither will Republicans! (How come?)
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- What happened to WSJ oil reporter David Bird? (Last week they found his body, after 14 months)
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Barry Gordon
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Online Journal
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.