I signed up to be a poll “inspector,” which means I supervise a crew of 3 poll workers, and open up and close a precinct for the elections on Nov 6th.
I signed up partly out of curiosity, to see how elections work, and partly because I’m unemployed and could use the stipend but have the time to attend.
Ironically, out of the four ballot scanner electronic machines made by Sequoia (and whose purchase by the City of SF I protested) being used for today’s 3-hour training session, three stopped working during our training: one machine had technical problems straight away, one ran out of paper, and the other couldn’t get electricity though it started up initially just fine.
These machines feed the paper ballots and tabulate the scanned results. So that’s 3 out 4 machines that didn’t work during a training.
Yikes! That spells disaster for the use of those machines out in the field.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- alias Bruce
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Words of Power
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.