What’s The Goal Of NYU Board Of Educators? Profit Or Students?
September 24, 2012 • Trisha Marczak
(MintPress) – Not even a liberal arts university is free from the fight between the 99 and 1 percent.
NYU’s Greenwich village campus is set to undergo a few changes — $6 billion worth of changes that would trample the community’s two acres of green space and wipe out entire housing units in an already crowded neighborhood. And while it may seem like progress is being made, the majority of faculty are calling out the university’s Board of Directors for choosing profit over student success.
The university’s faculty have more than a few grievances with the 20-year construction project. Not only would it deter many from continuing their career at NYU, but it would also, from their viewpoint, keep students away. And when the project is all said and done, it would be the student population responsible for carrying the cost.
Yet even that laundry list doesn’t include the main concern of campus faculty — the very people who sit on the board of trustees who voted to approve the project have their hands in the real estate market known for its perpetuation of the hyper construction of New York City.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Writers Voice
- Mainstream Baptist
- William Betz
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.