Ohio’s GOP Secretary of State Ignores Court Order To Expand Weekend Voting
Submitted by Steven Rosenfeld on Tue, 2012-09-04 11:18
Ohio’s Republican Secretary of State John Husted is playing with political fire.
On Friday, a U.S. District Court ordered  Ohio’s Secretary of State to open polling places on the weekend before November’s presidential election, issuing an ruling that said voting on that weekend could serve 100,000 voters, particularly minorities and the poor.
Earlier today, Husted responded by thumbing his nose at that injunction—which relied on the federal Voting Rights Act—by issuing a directive  telling Ohio boards of elections that no early voting would occur on that weekend until the court action ended.
One Comment to “Romney gonna party like it’s 2004! Ohio SoS ignores court order on weekend voting”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Media Channel
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- The Rude Pudit
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.