… although what’s really scary here is plan “to try to influence voters,” as the reporter puts it (with the usual cluelessness).
At GOP Fundraiser with Billionaires, Karl Rove Maps 2012 Strategy and Jokes of Murdering Todd Akin
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Last week, Bloomberg Businessweek reporter Sheelah Kolhatkar attended an exclusive fundraiser on the final day of the Republican National Convention. Speaking to a group of hedge fund billionaires and investors at the event, top GOP strategist Karl Rove joked about murdering Missouri Senate hopeful Todd Akin and laid out his strategy for winning the 2012 presidential election. Kolhatkar joins us to discuss Rove’s event. [includes rush transcript]
AMY GOODMAN: This is Democracy Now!, democracynow.org, “Breaking With Convention: War, Peace and the Presidency,” Democracy Now!’s coverage of the Democratic convention, inside and out. I’m Amy Goodman.
Top Republican strategist Karl Rove has apologized to Missouri representative and Senate candidate Todd Akin after joking Akin might be, quote, “found mysteriously murdered.” Akin drew widespread condemnation and calls to drop out of the Senate race after saying it’s rare for women to get pregnant from what he termed “legitimate rape.”
Well, last week, a reporter from Bloomberg Businessweek attended an exclusive fundraiser on the final day of the Republican National Convention. Speaking to a group of hedge fund billionaires and investors at the event, Karl Rove said, quote, “We should sink Todd Akin. If he’s found mysteriously murdered, don’t look for my whereabouts!”
2 Comments to “Karl Rove, who certainly did not have Mike Connell killed, jokes about having Todd Akin killed”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Talking Points Memo
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- Mainstream Baptist
- Writers Voice
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- t r u t h o u t
- The Ostroy Report
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Thom Hartmann
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Online Journal
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.