What’s happened to New York, since Michael Bloomberg took it over? The panelists take a good hard look at his ideal of “luxury city,” and its destructive impact on the neighborhoods in all five boroughs.
Moderator: Adam H. Becker, NYU
- Julian Brash, author of Bloomberg’s New York,
- Neil Fabricant, author of Mike! Wall Street’s Mayor
- Jeanne Wilcke, President, Downtown Independent Democrats
- M. Ndigo Washington, founder of Take Back Our City
CONSPIRACY THEORY IN AMERICA
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fukushima water heads our way; ObamaCo denies the risk
- Monsanto just bought itself a former US Senator
- Clear Channel to shut down leftwing talk stations in LA, SF
- Vets return to Vietnam, to help clean up the mess they left behind
- Visa quits ALEC
- wombat on What’s the matter with Alabama? Roger Shuler kept in jail indefinitely, paraded into court IN CHAINS
- Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014 :: News … | Save The Pacific Ocean on Fukushima’s toxic ocean plume will reach US waters in 2014
- Gus Wynn on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Robin Roland on Score one (at last) for the Election Integrity movement!
- Julie on Does Rachel Maddow lay off MSNBC sponsors?
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- CIA's contra/cocaine scheme was a REAL conspiracy, not a "theory"
- Visa quits ALEC
- Here are many MORE things NOT to buy from Koch...
- Clear Channel ends "Green 960" in San Francisco; KKGN's new line-up will include Glenn Beck
- The Rude Pudit
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Ostroy Report
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The International Human Press
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Talking Points Memo
- Early America
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.