Texas Democrats: Judge who said Obama could trigger civil war should quit
By Josh Levs, CNN
updated 7:09 AM EDT, Fri August 24, 2012
(CNN) — Texas Democrats are calling for the resignation of a Republican elected county judge who warned this week that the nation could descend into civil war if President Barack Obama is re-elected.
“It’s really up to Judge (Tom) Head to do the right thing and resign and stop embarrassing Lubbock County,” said Kenny Ketner, who became the county Democratic Party’s chief Monday.
“I wish we were getting worldwide attention for something better than a crazy county judge,” Ketner told CNN. “But what are you going to do?”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Words of Power
- Early America
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Talking Points Memo
- Media Matters
- Democratic Undergroud
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.