UPDATE: Gubernatorial Recall Ballots Saved from
Destruction in Waukesha County, WI – For Now…
State and local officials confirm the public records have been moved to off-site storage,
though they remain in the custody of County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus…
The ballots cast in Waukesha County during the June 5th Gubernatorial recall in Wisconsin appear to be safe from destruction at the hands of one of the nation’s most notorious election officials. For now.
In our exclusive exposé Monday morning, we detailed the threat made by the infamous Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus to “destroy” the county’s ballots from the historic recall election between Gov. Scott Walker and Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, as early as noon today, in apparent contravention of state law. The threat to destroy the ballots was made even as they (and the rest of the ballots cast in the election across the state) are still subjects of public records requests by a number of citizen groups attempting to verify the otherwise completely unverified results of the race by examining the ballots by hand for the first time.
After our story was published, folks in WI seem to have sprung into action, leading the County District Attorney, the Waukesha County Corporation Counsel (who serves as Nickolaus’ attorney) and the state’s Government Accountability Board (G.A.B.) to respond with confirmation that the ballots in question will not be destroyed at this time, and were, instead, being moved from the Clerk’s office, where they have been since the election, to off-site storage as of yesterday afternoon.
“It would not be proper to destroy such materials at this time,” County D.A. Brad Schimel confirmed to The BRAD BLOG late yesterday afternoon …
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9471
One Comment to “Recall ballots in Waukesha saved from the shredder!”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Suburban Guerrilla
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Writers Voice
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Richard Charnin
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- The Rude Pudit
- The Ostroy Report
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Talking Points Memo
- Mainstream Baptist
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Media Channel
- Media Matters
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.