Nago questions the answers
By Nancy Cook Lauer
West Hawaii Today
HILO — There were still more questions than answers Tuesday after state Chief Elections Officer Scott Nago held an almost two-hour debriefing of county clerks.
Nago emerged from the meeting and told media gathered at Hilo’s state office building that the meeting was “productive,” but he still didn’t know how many Hawaii County polling places opened late Saturday, or what caused the late openings. He estimated that more than half of the county’s polling places — primarily in West Hawaii — opened late.
“It was a lot of different issues,” Nago said, characterizing them as “normal” election-day issues. “We all have our similar problems. … A seasoned elections official would have responded quicker.”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- History Unfolding
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- alias Bruce
- Richard Charnin
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.