Don Siegelman Sentenced To 78 Months In Prison
Former Governor Don Siegelman Sentenced To 78 Months
Posted on: 2:38 pm, August 3, 2012, by Ty Watwood, Carson Clark, and Claire Aiello, updated on: 03:07pm, August 3, 2012
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WHNT) – Former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman has been resentenced to 78 months in prison for his corruption conviction.
U.S. District Judge Mark Fuller issued the ruling shortly after 2:30 p.m. The hearing started Friday at 9 a.m. Defense attorneys called several character witnesses to the stand, who asked for leniency for Siegelman. Siegelman also took the stand and begged the judge for mercy.
Fuller went closer to the maximum sentence, though, which would have been 88 months, based on a formula for the various counts and charges in the 2006 trial.
Siegelman will get credit for the nine months he had previously served.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Early America
- t r u t h o u t
- Online Journal
- Words of Power
- Media Channel
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- The International Human Press
- Thom Hartmann
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Election Defense Alliance
- Democratic Undergroud
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- History Unfolding
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.