JUDGE UPHOLDS STATE CONSTITUTIONALITY
OF GOP PHOTO ID VOTING RESTRICTIONS IN PA
Plaintiffs vow to appeal ruling by Republican judge as 1.6 million legal
votes said to be imperiled by new law this November…
A state court has upheld the state constitutionality of the new Republican-enacted polling place Photo ID restriction law in Pennsylvania which critics say may imperil the votes of more than a million legally registered voters in the Keystone State this November.
In his 70-page ruling [PDF] issued today, Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson acknowledged that the plaintiffs, represented by the ACLU and other civil rights organizations, “did an excellent job of ‘putting a face’ to those burdened by the voter ID requirement,” but failed to demonstrate “facial unconstitutionality”. The judge did not rule on the merits of the case, but on whether or not it could be enjoined by the court.
The plaintiffs, who had predicted a “slam dunk” ruling in their favor after the close of the trial, have vowed to appeal to the state Supreme Court, given the remarkable set of facts presented before and during the trial in their favor…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9480
One Comment to “Judge upholds Jim Crow voter ID law in Pennsylvania”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Media Channel
- Mainstream Baptist
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
- alias Bruce
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.