From Jonathan Simon, in response to Recall ballots in Waukesha saved from the shredder!:
Sorry, not even remotely good enough. By now Nickolaus and accomplices–having unsupervised dominion over and exclusive access to the ballots for more than two months, as well as possession of an unlimited supply of blank ballots–have had all the opportunity needed, and then some, to swap out however many ballots required to match the machine totals.
It’s called “chain of custody,” observed in the breach. No need to destroy the ballots once they have been massaged, so understandable that Nickolaus would now cooperate. Perhaps a sophisticated forensic analysis can detect altered or swapped ballots–that is, at minimum, what is now required, not merely a count.
And of course what is really required are elections in which the votes are counted observably by humans before leaving public view. It’s that simple. Anything less can lay no claim to legitimacy.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- t r u t h o u t
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Thom Hartmann
- Writers Voice
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The Ostroy Report
- Words of Power
- The Rude Pudit
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Barry Gordon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Cody Lyon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.