Gulf Seafood Deformities Alarm Scientists
By Dahr Jamail, Al Jazeera
22 August 12
Eyeless shrimp and fish with lesions are becoming common, with BP oil pollution believed to be the likely cause.
The fishermen have never seen anything like this,” Dr Jim Cowan told Al Jazeera. “And in my 20 years working on red snapper, looking at somewhere between 20 and 30,000 fish, I’ve never seen anything like this either.”
Dr Cowan, with Louisiana State University’s Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences started hearing about fish with sores and lesions from fishermen in November 2010.
One Comment to “Scientists and fishermen freaked out by Gulf seafood deformities”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A look back at how the US destroyed Libya
- Howling over Putin’s crimes (?), US backs the killers in Ukraine and Gaza
- Why do university administrators get paid so much (and for doing WHAT, exactly)?
- How natural gas—Obama’s panacea—-makes global warming WORSE
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- Mortality rate at Goldman Sachs spikes yet AGAIN as managing director dies in "kite surfing accident"
- MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites--unless you pay extra
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Online Journal
- The Rude Pudit
- Democratic Undergroud
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Thom Hartmann
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.