Board to Meet With Faculty Over Ouster of President
By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA
Published: June 13, 2012
The University of Virginia’s governing board has agreed to meet with a faculty delegation to discuss its abrupt ouster of the university president, as tension builds over a shake-up that faculty leaders have asked the board to reconsider.
Andrew Harrer/Bloomberg News
Teresa A. Sullivan resigned as president of the University of Virginia after just two years.
National Twitter Logo.
Connect With Us on Twitter
Follow@NYTNational for breaking news and headlines.
Twitter List: Reporters and Editors
Members of the governing body, the Board of Visitors, stunned the university staff on Sunday by announcing that President Teresa A. Sullivan had resigned after just two years in her post.
In remarks to university officials after an emergency session of the board’s executive committee on Sunday, Helen Dragas, who as rector is the head of the board, said the university needed a “bold and proactive” president.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- The International Human Press
- Democratic Undergroud
- Cody Lyon
- Media Channel
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- alias Bruce
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- The Ostroy Report
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.