Valentino Bocca was given an MMR shot in 2004, at the age of 15 months. According to his parents, the change in his behavior was immediate. That same night he refused to eat, and he developed diarrhea during the night. It quickly went downhill from there. Within days he was no longer able to put a spoon to his mouth, and he spent nights crying in pain. His parents immediately suspected the vaccination, but were told this was “impossible.” Valentino progressively regressed, and received the diagnosis of autism a year later.In the final analysis, the Italian Health Ministry disagreed with the initial conclusion of the pediatrician, conceding that the vaccine was at fault.As a result, a court in Rimini, Italy recently awarded the Bocca family a 15-year annuity totaling 174,000 Euros (just under $220,000), plus reimbursement for court costs, ruling that Valentino “has been damaged by irreversible complications due to vaccination (prophylaxis trivalent MMR)i.” According to a featured article in the UK newspaper, The Independentii, about 100 similar cases are now being examined by Italian lawyers, and more cases may be brought to court.“Luca Ventaloro the family lawyer, said yesterday: “This is very significant for Britain which uses, and has used, an MMR vaccine with the same components as the one given to Valentino.It is wrong for governments and their health authorities to exert strong pressure on parents to take children for the MMR jab while ignoring that this vaccine can cause autism and linked conditions.” The number of autism cases has risen sharply since the 1970s, with one in 64 British children affected,” The Independent reportsiii .
Why is US Media in Black-Out on this Story?
It’s well worth mentioning that this story has yet to be addressed in the US media… The Daily Mail was the first paper in the UK to talk about it on June 15iv. The Independent was the second to print an article, on June 17. The Daily Mail was the most substantive of the two. Their version included the following statements:“Judge Lucio Ardigo, awarding compensation to the family… said it was ‘conclusively established’ that Valentino had suffered from an ‘autistic disorder associated with medium cognitive delay’ and his illness, as Dr Barboni stated, was linked to receiving the jab. Lawyer Mr Ventaloro explained yesterday: ‘This is very significant for Britain which uses, and has used, an MMR vaccine with the same components as the one given to Valentino. ‘It is wrong for governments and their health authorities to exert strong pressure on parents to take children for the MMR jab while ignoring that this vaccine can cause autism and linked conditions.’Claudio Simion, a leading member of the lobby group Association for Freedom of Choice in Vaccination (Comilva), adds: ‘The Rimini judgment is vitally important for children everywhere. The numbers with autism are growing. It is a terrible thing that the authorities turn a blind eye to the connection between the MMR vaccination and this illness.’”The complete lack of coverage of this case in the US media is a potent example of how health information is flat out censored in the US. Is it any wonder so many Americans are still in the dark? Whether hearing about this case in the US media would sway you to believe vaccines may cause autism or not, the REAL story here is the fact that you’re not even being allowed to learn about it in the first place!
19 Comments to “US media blacks out Italian court ruling that MMR vaccine caused child’s autism”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- USA is a “world leader” in child poverty
- YouTube link for that video of the Texan freedom fighter
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn’t just the drones…)
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11
- “The Abuse of Satire”: Garry Trudeau nails the Charlie Hebdo craze
- FBI charged with “whitewash” of Saudi link to 9/11 on
- TEPCO slammed for year-long cover-up of latest radioactive leak on
- If Jeb Bush steals the White House, he’ll cut Medicaid, raise the retirement age, means test Social Security, and…. on
- Don Siegelman won’t be released from prison (WHY won’t Obama pardon him?) on
- Democrats won’t say a word about high-flying pedophile (and FOB) Jeffrey Epstein—and neither will Republicans! (How come?) on
- For their Statement of No Confidence in drone war consigliere Harold Koh, NYU law students feel the heat from their professors
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Why NYU law students have no confidence in Harold Koh (It isn't just the drones...)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Media Channel
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Thom Hartmann
- Online Journal
- Mainstream Baptist
- History Unfolding
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
- Media Matters
- Talking Points Memo
- Election Defense Alliance
- Words of Power
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.