British Supreme Court Clears Way for WikiLeaks Founder’s Extradition 15 Jun 2012 Britain’s Supreme Court on Thursday rejected a final move by the founder of WikiLeaks, Julian Assange, to reopen his appeal of a ruling ordering him extradited to Sweden to face allegations of sexual abuse and rape. In a statement, the court also ruled that he must be extradited by midnight on July 7, barring further legal intervention. The ruling could be the end of a legal battle that Mr. Assange first waged, when he was arrested in December 2010, as a broad defense against what he called unjust allegations and a global conspiracy to silence him.
Supreme Court refuses to reopen Julian Assange extradition appeal 14 Jun 2012 WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has failed in his bid to reopen his appeal against extradition to Sweden where he faces sex crime allegations [frame-up]. The announcement was made today by the Supreme Court. It is understood that Assange’s legal team now has 14 days to apply to the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg to hear his case. Dinah Rose QC, appearing for Assange, applied to the Supreme Court justices for permission to make further submissions, but they unanimously dismissed the application, saying it was “without merit”.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Media Channel
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Online Journal
- William Betz
- alias Bruce
- Mainstream Baptist
- t r u t h o u t
- The International Human Press
- Evil GOP Bastards
- History Unfolding
- Cody Lyon
- Democratic Undergroud
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Writers Voice
- Words of Power
- Thom Hartmann
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.