U.Va. Board Reinstates Sullivan
June 26, 2012 – 3:35pm
By Kevin Kiley
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. — The University of Virginia Board of Visitors voted unanimously Tuesday to reinstate President Teresa Sullivan, capping off a tumultuous two weeks for the university.
The vote is an about-face for a board that, on June 10, announced that Sullivan was resigning, seemingly without dissent from board members.
Helen E. Dragas, the board’s rector, or chair, identified by many as the instigator of Sullivan’s resignation, said she had met with Sullivan prior to the meeting to resolve their differences. “It’s time to bring the University family back together.” She spoke after W. Heywood Fralin, who had been the lone board member to vote against the nomination of an interim replacement for Sullivan last week, offered a resolution that the board restore Sullivan to the presidency.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Thom Hartmann
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Online Journal
- The Ostroy Report
- Writers Voice
- Richard Charnin
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Veterans for Common Sense
- The International Human Press
- William Betz
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- History Unfolding
- Early America
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Mainstream Baptist
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.