NYU Expansion Plan Could Bankrupt School, Professors Say
Wednesday, June 27, 2012 – 01:08 PM
By WNYC Newsroom
Professors railed against NYU’s proposed expansion plan Wednesday, saying faculty members fear the ambitious Greenwich Village project that will be go before the City Council next month could bankrupt the university.
Speaking on WNYC’s Leonard Lopate Show on Wednesday, faculty members said the plan to add more than two million square feet is too costly, has a murky agenda and would turn the neighborhood – where many faculty live – into a construction zone for decades.
“A critical mass of its faculty believe that this plan will bankrupt the university,” said Andrew Ross, professor of social and cultural analysis at NYU.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- Richard Charnin
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Writers Voice
- Cody Lyon
- Election Defense Alliance
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Mainstream Baptist
- The International Human Press
- History Unfolding
- William Betz
- Talking Points Memo
- The Rude Pudit
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Media Channel
- t r u t h o u t
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.