Nuclear Plants Raise Alerts in Sweden 21 Jun 2012 Sweden’s three nuclear-power plants raised their security-alert level Thursday, a day after explosives were found on a forklift truck at the Ringhals nuclear-power plant. Suspicious material about the size of a fist was found by personnel carrying out normal security checks with a sniffer dog, and police sent a sample of the material by helicopter to a crime laboratory, which confirmed that it was explosive. Police are investigating the case as suspected sabotage, said Ingmar Nilja, a spokesman for the police in the district of Halland, adding that he has no information as to whether the plant’s nuclear reactors were targeted.
Fukushima Plant Faces Typhoon Summer With Added Tornado Threat 22 Jun 2012 Tokyo Electric Power Co.’s crippled Fukushima nuclear plant faces its second typhoon season since the March 11 disaster last year, raising the risk of further radiation leaks if storms thrash exposed pools of uranium fuel rods or tanks holding contaminated water. ‘Naked’ Pools: “Uranium spent fuel pools of No. 3 and No. 4 reactors are currently naked,” Kazuhiko Kudo, a research professor of nuclear engineering at Kyushu University, said on June 5. “A tornado with winds of 100 meters per second like the one that hit Tsukuba could suck up the pool water,” exposing the fuel rods.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- Evil GOP Bastards
- The Ostroy Report
- Barry Gordon
- Suburban Guerrilla
- William Betz
- Democratic Undergroud
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- The Rude Pudit
- Online Journal
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- Media Matters
- Writers Voice
- Talking Points Memo
- alias Bruce
- Early America
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.