JUNE 13, 2012
Meet Nathan Sproul, the Karl Rove of Arizona
Romney’s Dirty Trickster
by RICHARD SCHIFFMAN
They say if you want to know who a man is, find out who his friends are. In that case, meet Mitt Romney’s new buddy, Nathan Sproul, the former leader of the Arizona Republican Party and the Arizona Christian Coalition.
OK, the word “buddy” may not be exactly right. How about cohort, accomplice, hired gun? That might better describe the shadowy political consultant who has recently joined the Romney election team.
Come to think of it, scratch, “political consultant.” Replace it with “dirty trickster,” or more pointedly, “perpetrator of voter fraud.” Alright, we’ll need to add the qualifying term “alleged” before “perpetrator,” since Sproul has not actually done jail time yet for stealing votes. (Who has?) Let’s just say that the Republican operative, who has been called “Arizona’s Carl Rove,” has had a chequered career over the last two decades playing fast and loose with the electoral process. Here are a few highlights culled from a recent story in Republic Report and elsewhere:
*The firm Sproul and Associates was investigated for voter fraud in Nevada during their work on behalf of the Bush-Cheney campaign in 2004. Sproul’s registrars allegedly canvassed voters about which candidate they were planning to support. If they were leaning Republican, the group helped them to register. If they leaned Democratic, they ignored them, or later destroyed the form.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Democratic Undergroud
- The Rude Pudit
- Writers Voice
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Online Journal
- Talking Points Memo
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.