This is basically what Kerry’s campaign did, and we know how well that went.
When will Democrats wise up about Republican election fraud—i.e., not just
Jim Crow laws, and not just boundless cash from rightist PACs? When?
The answer, my friend…
Obama prepping thousands of lawyers for election
FILE – This April 24, 2012 file photo shows a sign at the entrance of a polling station in East Greenwich, R.I., advises voters that identification is required. President Barack Obama’s campaign is recruiting legions of lawyers to handle disputes that may arise from now through Election Day. Thousands of attorneys and support staffers have agreed to aid in the effort, providing legal support that appears to be unrivaled by Republicans or precedent. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) – President Barack Obama’s campaign has recruited a legion of lawyers to be on standby for this year’s election as legal disputes surrounding the voting process escalate.
Thousands of attorneys and support staffers have agreed to aid in the effort, providing a mass of legal support that appears to be unrivaled by Republicans or precedent. Obama’s campaign says it is particularly concerned about the implementation of new voter ID laws across the country, the possibility of anti-fraud activists challenging legitimate voters and the handling of voter registrations in the most competitive states.
Republicans are building their own legal teams for the election. They say they’re focused on preventing fraud – making sure people don’t vote unless they’re eligible – rather than turning away qualified voters.
2 Comments to “Obama campaign hires a multitude of clueless lawyers”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- US forced Iraqis to buy seeds from Monsanto—and now we're ALL under the gun! (2)
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- The International Human Press
- Barry Gordon
- William Betz
- History Unfolding
- Talking Points Memo
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Early America
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Matters
- Online Journal
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Election Defense Alliance
- Thom Hartmann
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Cody Lyon
- The Ostroy Report
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.