Japan’s Nuclear Industry: The CIA Link
By Eleanor Warnock
In the 15 months since the crisis at Fukushima Daiichi, Japan’s relationship with nuclear power has changed dramatically.
Once the world’s third-largest producer of nuclear energy, the country faces the prospect of electricity shortages this summer as all 50 of its plants remain offline. Restarting reactors ― a step the government says is necessary to support the economy ― is proving to be politically tricky as a skeptical public questions the safety of atomic energy.
Rewind almost 60 years and the government had a similar problem: how to persuade the public to support its ambition to become a nuclear nation only nine years after the U.S. dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki?
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK's assassination!
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Online Journal
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Writers Voice
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Media Channel
- Early America
- Cody Lyon
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Talking Points Memo
- Democratic Undergroud
- Thom Hartmann
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- alias Bruce
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.