North Dakota “Religious Freedom Act” would allow the precepts of religion to trump the law of the land
By Middle Aged Woman Talking
In order to form a more perfect theocracy, the latest from the lunatic fringe is the North Dakota Religious Freedom Amendment, or Measure 3, due to appear on the North Dakota Ballot, this Tuesday, June 12, 2012. As ever when you hear the words “religious freedom” you can be sure that whatever is being discussed has virtually nothing to do with religious freedom and everything to do with anti-reproductive choice for women. You can be even more sure that something other than religious freedom is up when you find out that the powerful North Dakota Catholic Conference (NDCC) and the North Dakota Family Alliance, the state’s leading Religious Right Group and local affiliate of the James Dobson’s Focus on Family, were behind the petition that collected signatures from the voters to get the Act on the ballot.
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Two things that never happened: "the Bowling Green massacre," and "Russia's invasion of Ukraine"
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- t r u t h o u t
- Words of Power
- William Betz
- The International Human Press
- Media Channel
- Election Defense Alliance
- The Rude Pudit
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Suburban Guerrilla
- alias Bruce
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Richard Charnin
- Cody Lyon
- Early America
- Democratic Undergroud
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Barry Gordon
- Mainstream Baptist
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.