It’s not just those Jim Crow laws that enable them to steal elections. Such disenfranchisement of a lot of Democrats before Election Day is only the first step of a now-well-established two-part process:
1) Pre-Election Day, you shrink the pool of eligible voters through voter caging, bogus “felons” lists, erasing names from the computerized voter rolls, etc.
2) On Election Day, you use the electronic voting system—i.e., e-voting and e-vote-counting—to cut the Democratic vote, and pad your own, as needed.
Like all US reporters, this reporter for the Sydney Morning Herald says a lot about Step 1, but utters not a peep about Step 2.
Unless the press—and Democrats—give up that one-eyed view, Mitt Romney will be President in January, whether We the People vote for him or not.
Published on Saturday, June 2, 2012 by Sydney Morning Herald
Republicans Plot to Steal White House
by Paul McGeough
There’s a fiendish cleverness in perpetrating a fraud in broad daylight, at the same time as you tell the people that it must be done to guard against – you guessed it – fraud.
The reality of voter fraud in the US is that it is virtually non-existent. It has been known to happen, but studies reveal its probability is less than that of being struck by lightning – just 0.0009 per cent in Washington State and a very remote 0.00004 per cent in Ohio.
So welcome to the state of Florida, where the state emblem is the hanging chad. Remember, it was here that just 537 votes in the recount drama of 2000 threw the presidency to George W. Bush.
2 Comments to “Australian journo gets it half-right about GOP plan to steal the next one, too”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- NYU is built for WAR! (Who knew?)
- HuffPost ran this strong defense of Bobby Kennedy, Jr.—then took it down just minutes later.
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Update on the strange death of Nancy Schaefer
- alias Bruce
- Talking Points Memo
- The International Human Press
- Mainstream Baptist
- Veterans for Common Sense
- Media Matters
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Media Channel
- Thom Hartmann
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- The Ostroy Report
- Suburban Guerrilla
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.