WikiLeaks founder, Julian Assange, has taken refuge in Ecuador’s Embassy in London, where he has applied for political asylum, stating:
‘I can confirm that today I arrived at the Ecuadorian Embassy and sought diplomatic sanctuary and political asylum. This application has been passed to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the capital Quito.
I am grateful to the Ecuadorian ambassador and the government of Ecuador for considering my application.
Ecuador, which, two years ago, offered Assange asylum and which also has an extradition treaty with the U.S., confirmed that it is considering Assange’s asylum application, but stated that its decision to do so, “should in no way be interpreted as the government of Ecuador interfering in the judicial processes of either the United Kingdom or Sweden…
FULL STORY: http://www.bradblog.com/?p=9359
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Please HELP FUND this documentary on JFK’s assassination!
- Talkin’ World War One Blues…
- How Australia plans to keep its vaccinated children safe from illnesses that they can’t catch
- On the mass delusion now afflicting liberals (and putting all of us at risk)
- There’s actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in “Russia-gate.”
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- There's actually more evidence in Pizzagate than there is in "Russia-gate."
- Don't buy these products from Koch Industries!
- How NYU squeezes billions from its students—and where that money goes
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- Mainstream Baptist
- Richard Charnin
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Thom Hartmann
- Veterans for Common Sense
- alias Bruce
- Writers Voice
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Barry Gordon
- The International Human Press
- The Ostroy Report
- Early America
- The Rude Pudit
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.