And yet Scott Walker “won handily,” and Mitt Romney might “win.” too….
New Poll by John Zogby Finds 70% of Likely Voters Would Support Legislation to Raise the Minimum Wage
A whopping seven out of ten likely voters agree that they would support legislation to raise the minimum wage to $10.38 an hour, a level which would tie the wage to inflation, going back to 1968, according to a JZ Analytics online poll of 1149 likely voters. The poll was conducted June 15-18 among 1149 likely voters and has a margin-of-sampling error of +/-3 percentage points.
Fifty-seven percent of Democrats strongly support this proposal, with 84% supporting it overall. Just 23% of Republicans are in strong support, although another 31% somewhat support the proposed change. There is a gender gap here with women, 43%, somewhat more likely than are men, 39%, to strongly support the move. Additionally, Hispanics, 52% and African Americans, 67% are much more likely to be in strong support of the proposal.
Seventy-one percent of the First Global generation (those between the ages of 18-23) are in support, with 38% strongly supporting the measure. Among older respondents, aged 30-49, half strongly support the measure with another 24% somewhat in support.
Pollster John Zogby says: “Not only do Americans worry about losing ground themselves but they also do worry about their fellow Americans who are working and not getting a decent wage.”
*Methodology JZ Analytics conducted an online survey from June 15-18 of 1149 likely voters in the US. Based on a confidence interval of 95%, the margin of error for 1149 is +/- 3.0 percentage points.
3 Comments to “70% of likely voters support higher minimum wage”
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: email@example.com
- Democrats are partying like it’s 1952, and they’re Republicans—or Birchers.
- Two more on why Flynn went down…
- Why they made Trump dump Flynn (and what about Obama?)
- What news out of Japan is “fit to print,” according to the New York Times? Their choice could make you sick…
- On “killers” working for OUR government, Trump spoke the truth—and our “free press” freaked out…
- Contact Lou Dobbs on
- Forbidden Bookshelf on
- Top US spooks see NO “conclusive evidence” of Russian hacking in Election 2016 on
- How blaming Trump’s “election” on the Russians could force Hillary on us after all—and end US democracy for good… on
- Election theft in Michigan and Florida may have been more dramatic than we think… on
- Democrats are partying like it's 1952, and they're Republicans—or Birchers.
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Two more on why Flynn went down...
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Local sheriff wanted Phillip Marshall's home professionally cleaned after the murder
- The Rude Pudit
- Barry Gordon
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- William Betz
- Evil GOP Bastards
- Mainstream Baptist
- Democratic Undergroud
- Early America
- Online Journal
- Thom Hartmann
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Election Defense Alliance
- Citizens for Legitimate Government
- t r u t h o u t
- Media Channel
- Cody Lyon
- Words of Power
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.