Nearly Half of Supermarket Chicken Tainted by Feces
Nearly half the chicken products marketed by national brands and sold in supermarkets are contaminated with feces, according to a new PCRM report.
The report, which was covered by the New York Times, is based on independent laboratory test results of chicken samples from 15 grocery store chains in 10 major U.S. cities. PCRM investigated chickens from Perdue, Pilgrim’s, and Sanderson Farms, as well as 22 other popular brands. Chicken samples from every city and every grocery store chain tested positive. In Dallas, 100 percent of the chicken bought at the Kroger’s store tested positive for fecal matter.
Testing revealed that 48 percent of the chicken samples tested positive for fecal contamination, indicated by the presence of coliform bacteria commonly found in chicken dung. Skinless chicken breast was particularly likely to have fecal traces, and both “organically produced” and “conventional” products were frequently contaminated.
One Comment to “Nearly half of supermarket chicken is for s**t”
The Hidden History of the JFK Assassination
“While We Were Sleeping”
Orwell Rolls In His Grave, featuring MCM – Buy the DVD
About News From Underground
News From Underground is a daily e-news service run by Mark Crispin Miller, a Professor of Culture and Communication at NYU. It is based on his belief that academics, like reporters, have a civic obligation to help keep the people well-informed, so that American democracy might finally work.
If you'd like to receive updates delivered to your inbox daily, sign up for News From Underground Alerts:
Help News From Underground!
Message from Mark: "I am a one-man operation, although assisted greatly by some volunteers, and, now and then, by people paid by others for one-time projects. There is no shortage of skilled, dedicated folks out there who want to help me. There is, however, nothing I can pay them with, unless you decide you can contribute something."
Please donate via the PayPal button above or via PayPal by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On MH17, some theories that make sense (unlike the shrill crapola we keep hearing)
- CIA admits spying on Senate staffers
- Project Censored 2015 now available for pre-ordering!
- Britain’s Greens say NO to inequality
- Let the beavers save us—and the planet—from ourselves (2)
- Gary Ravetto on Don’t let them STARVE Don Siegelman!
- ray on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- Bruce P., M.D. on After David Koch leaves NIH board, NIH classifies formaldehyde—a big Koch product—as a cause of cancer
- Jonny Fredagsvik on MetroPCS is blocking Netflix, Skype and other sites–unless you pay extra
- Uncle Sam on Don’t buy these products from Koch Industries!
- The strange death of Nancy Schaefer (two items)
- Forbidden Bookshelf
- Lest we forget: US shot down a civilian airliner, killing 290 people; then lied about it (and never apologized)
- FL cop forces drunk man to move his car, then shoots him dead when he bumps into other cars
- URGENT! Don and Lori Siegelman need your help!
- The Ostroy Report
- The Rude Pudit
- Evil GOP Bastards
- William Betz
- Suburban Guerrilla
- The International Human Press
- Media Matters
- Thom Hartmann
- Democratic Undergroud
- Words of Power
- History Unfolding
- Richard Charnin
- Mainstream Baptist
- alias Bruce
- Fairness & Accuracy in Reporting
- The Existentialist Cowboy
- Writers Voice
- t r u t h o u t
- Barry Gordon
Need a bigger font size?
- Your link could be here too, contact us for pricing details.